« Home | Me got charged up » 

Friday, July 21, 2006 

Most Tensed Day in My Life

Prelude
This was happened in while me doing Engineering . Myself (Civil Engineering) and my best friend Joju (Computer Engineering, Who was known DTS amongst his B.Tech Class mates), who is very active, tension free, happy man, genius ever met in my life.......Very cool guy.

The Event
We thought to conduct a Computer Bible Quiz in Malayalam as part of the renewal of our CLC Parish Library, (The Parish is having 1800 families) where both of us were the active members. In fact that is suppose the First Computer Quiz in Malayalam and First of its kind in Indian Catholics.

Planning
Then we planned what program we need to use. Joju told to go ahead with the allegro Tool (Sorry am not a software guy, hence pardon me, if any problem with these kind of Software nomenclatures).

Back Stage Works
We discussed about the architectural of the software. We decided to have 20 questions with time limit scoring, negative markings, etc, with colour screens. (at the moment colour monitors are not that much popular). Random selection of questions with consecutive contestants, since it is very difficult to accommodate 150 constestants which we thought to attend the program so that the questions can not be leaked out.

I took the charge of finding the sponsorship, finding the questions for the quiz, arrangements for the Malayalam typing of the questions, publishing the dates through notices, calling of contestants, deciding of prizes, etc, etc.....With my another best friend Ms.Shanitha, I got the questions. I made some questions and all the answer options for all questions.

Joju started doing the programming, which was really tough since the tool was not available to us. He started with some of the samples.

We have requested the Bosco Computer Education Institution working in Parish School through the vicar (Parish chief Priest) and they allowed to use the room and computers for the program.

The questions got typed and covert it in to jpeg images, but the malayalam typing is getting delayed. I had given the some part of the typing works to another party to speed up the process. Some of the sample typed questions was given to Joju for testing. I needed to wait till one day before of the quiz day to get all the proof corrected questions to be ready.

At last day was reaching.....Tension got mounting since all the eyes are fallen on the event.

All the other arrangements were over. But final checking of the software was not done, though Joju has checked with available typed questions given to him and found OK. For the final testing I took all the questions to his house one day before the Quiz day by 12:00 noon. After I giving the questions, I went to Venue for the other arrangements and confirmed everything was OK. Then I returned to Joju's House.

HEART BEAT STARTS RAISING......!
I was surprised to see my COOL friends face not pleasant. "What happened?" I asked while we moving to his room. He told " Some problem with the program. The questions are not coming after 15 Nos of question flow (Instead of 20)." I got stuck. I have published about 20 questions in the Notice !

He tried his level best to avoid the stuck. Then I thought to take chance with 15 questions, which will affect our reputation. But no other way. Any ways we decided to ahead with 15 questions. Joju changed the software to 15 Nos. After two-three trials, again the software got stuck after 12 questions. The time was 08:00 PM

I didn't know what to do? After some trials, the stuck point came down to 8 Nos. Then Joju told " I don't know what is happening?, Iam not getting any solution also". My view got blurred. Then he told "I will try once again" @ 9:30 PM

After dinner, we sat once again. He was doing some thing on the software. As I got sleep (usually comes at time when I got tensed). I took a small nap by 12:00 midnight and got up by 2:30 am and found Joju still working on the software, seems to have no scope. By 3:30 am, his eyes got sprinkled and told me that he was going to try a last chance. I prayed to God, only thing I can do at the point of time. 4:30 am, he told " lets try with final check".......With our increasing heart beat, we strarted the program, questions starting moving ahead......1,2,3,4,5,6,7......We scared to go to 8, where it got stuck last time. God helps.....It passed 8,9,10,11......12 (Got little relieved). We also noted the fastness of the software this time. Then it was headed to 13,14,15......Up to 20 with out any problem...........HAPPY MOMENTS........ @ 5:30 am. We tried two times the testing with all possibilities. All are SUCCESS. I hugged him....A deep hug of relief.

Happy Ending
Without knowing all these tensions, our friends are doing with the final touchups......@ 7:30 am I reached the venue. Joju came by 8:30 am. He seems to be very much tired to me, though he is in regular coolness for others. We again had two more trials after loading the programs in all systems. We made a successful grand smile between both of us.


We inaugurated the function by Rev.Vicar, he tried the software, congratulated us. The contestants start coming from all levels of people, children, youngsters, mid aged persons, old people, male, female, rich, poor, a very good folks tried this quiz.

Shanitha (who made the questions) also tried once. She got the 4th position because of the time chase in the program. Well done Joju.........

It was really a triumph and we succeed in it. GOD HELPED US VERY MUCH.........THANK GOD.

Hi Jonetta..
u know what.. Joju too described this event.. line by line exactly like this, with same passion. It after this he started doin stuff on mallu fonts. Now he is going for a mallu debugger I guess.

I doubt.. do you guys have some pact, 'You praise me, I praise you'
jus kidding..

Hope to see more exploits from The Johns

Eda eda ..ithra pokkiyadikkelladai..
ippo kando Melvin-nu vare doubt aayi.

That was really nice to recollect.
My first night out in my life. 36hours without sleeping!!!

Since Allegro was new to me and it plays with images, I was not aware about the huge memory it was eating.
The fix is still making me laugh. single liner change to distroy(free) the image after its use.

Ithram simple ayya oru karyam nokkatha enneyanno nee genius ennu vilichu genius-kale kaliyakkiyathu...
However, it opened a world of Mallu fonts to me.

Anyway..inniyum pokki paranjolo!!! njan blogging thatkaalam niruthi... ini pogacham parayaan ninte blog undalo.
Pakshe Melvin ne poleyullavarkku pidikodukkathe nokkane ;-)

Great blog learned many things about wedding planners from this article, very informative, Getting married is a dream for every person and to involve all the loved ones to celebrate the Big Day of their life is yet another imperative part. The Wedding Event Management in Chennai, provides a subtle way of taking care of all the pre celebration planning of the event.

Post a Comment

My Day Light Dreams is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.